Last updated: September, 2021
|Applicable Privacy Law||Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Information and on the free movement of such data, commonly referred to as the "General Data Protection Regulations" ("GDPR") and other applicable laws and regulations related to privacy and/or personal data|
2. Management Contact Information
Name: Game8 Inc.
Address: Shibuya Property Tower 7F, 1-32-12, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
3. Personal Data Collected
The Company may process the following personal data through our Site:
(1) Information the Company collects when the User accesses our Site
The Company may collect information regarding the User's access and usage of our Site.
This includes the following information:
・OS Version Information
・Log information (server access log, access history, etc. are acquired when the application accesses the server)
・Anonymous user unique ID stored in the cookies of the web browser on the website
・Other usage conditions of the Site
4. Purpose of Processing Personal Data
Personal Data may be used only for the following purposes, not for any other purpose.
(1) To provide the Users of our Site with the most optimal information
Legal Basis: The Company process the Personal Data based on the legitimate interests pursued by the Company (providing the Users of our Site with the most optimal information).
(2) For surveying and analyzing usage on our Site
Legal Basis: The Company process the Personal Data based on the legitimate interests pursued by the Company (improving our Site).
(3) For improving the Site, developing new services, etc.
Legal Basis: The Company process the Personal Data based on the legitimate interests pursued by the Company (improving our Site and developing new services, etc.)
(4) For placement of behavioral targeted ads
Legal Basis: The Company process the Personal Data based on a consent from Users. Behavioral targeted ads refer to user-optimized ads that are distributed by using behavioral history such as a User's browsing history of our Site and viewing history of ads placed on the Site.
Behavioral targeted ads refer to user-optimized ads that are distributed by using behavioral history such as a user's browsing history of our site and viewing history of ads placed on the site.
(5) For usage related to the above purposes
5. About Cookies
Cookies refer to small data files sent from a website to the User's browser.
By using cookies, browsed internet sites and servers can identify the site's User's individual browser from other internet browsers with different cookies. Using a unique cookie ID, they can recognize and identify a specific Internet browser.
If a User does not wish for their cookie information to be collected, they may disable the feature within their internet browser's settings at any time ("opt-out"). However, please be advised that by disabling the cookies feature you will lose access to some of our services.
In addition, by changing browsers, deleting cookies, or changing to a new device, etc., the opt-out feature will be disabled, so please note that you may need to repeat the process if you wish to opt-out again.
6. External Transmissions, Third-Party Offers, Presence of Information Collection Module
The Company may provide User's Personal Data to third parties such as its subsidiaries and affiliates, cloud vendors, outside contractors and professionals (including tax firms and law firms), etc., and User's Personal Data will be processed by such third parties in order to carry out the purposes of use specified above.
7. Necessity of Providing Personal Data
The Personal Data that Users are to provide is not necessary in order for the User to access the Site. However, without the Personal Data, there may be cases where the Company will not be able to provide the services to Users, in whole or in part.
8. International Transfers of Personal Data
The Personal Data may be transferred to entities in countries or jurisdictions outside the EEA, if required for the purposes as described above. Please note that such countries or jurisdictions may not have the same data protection laws as the EEA and that they may not afford many of the rights conferred upon you in the EEA. The Company will ensure that any such international transfers are made subject to appropriate and suitable safeguards as required by the Applicable Privacy Law. When doing so, the Company will comply with Applicable Privacy Law and take appropriate safeguards to ensure the security and integrity of the Personal Data.
9. User Rights
Under the Applicable Privacy Law, the User of this Site has following rights. If the User would like to request to access, correct, delete, or restrict the use or object to the processing of their Personal Data that the User have previously provided to the Company, or if the User would like to receive an electronic copy of the User's Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to the User by law), please contact the Company at the Contact Information of Data Controller.
(1) The right to withdraw consent regarding personal data
(2) The right to demand access to personal data
(3) The right to demand corrections to personal data
(4) The right to demand personal data be deleted
(5) The right to object to the Company's processing of personal data
(6) The right to demand a restriction of processing of personal information
(7) The right to date portability (the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by him or her, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format).
(8) The right not to be used personal data for any monitoring or profiling activity or process and will not adopt any automated decision-making processes.
(9) The right to complain to a supervisory authority (the User's address, place of work, or the supervisory authority of the EU member country who is alleged to have violated the GDPR). However, the Company ask that you please contact the Company before making a complaint with the supervisory authority so that the Company can take care of any complaints.
10. Safety Control Measure
The company has taken adequate technical and organizational safety control measures regarding the protection of personal data. If the User of this Site is concerned about the specific method of data transfer etc., we will take sufficient alternative measures.
11. Storing of Personal Data
The Company does not store personal data beyond the limit necessary for the purpose of usage, and personal data will be promptly and securely deleted after the end of the statutory retention period unless it is necessary for the purposes of processing.
12. General Clause
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), the Company is providing the following additional details regarding the categories of Personal Information about California residents that the Company has collected or disclosed within the preceding 12 months:
(1) The Company collected the following categories of Personal Information:
・Identifiers, such as anonymous user unique ID stored in the cookies of the web browser on the website, contact information, online identifiers, IP address, OS Version Information, device location and unique personal identifier(such as cookies);
・Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as contact information;
・Protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex, and age;
・Internet or network activity information, such as log information (server access log, access history, etc. are acquired when the application accesses the server), browsing history, cookie information, and online behavior;
(2)The following is a list of the categories of sources from which the Company collects Personal Information;
・website visitors and users
(3) The Company is sharing this Personal Information with authorized third parties such as its subsidiaries and affiliates, cloud vendors, outside contractors and professionals（including tax firms and law firms） as described in [(6)] above.
(4) The Company disclosed the Personal Information as described in [13(1)] above to the above third parties for our operational business purposes.
(6) If you are a California resident, you may request that the Company;
Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request;
・The categories of Personal Information the Company collected about you and the categories of sources from which the Company collected such Personal Information;
・The specific pieces of Personal Information the Company collected about you;
・The business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information about you;
・The categories of Personal Information about you that the Company otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom the Company shared or to whom the Company disclosed such Personal Information (if applicable).
Delete Personal Information about you which the Company collected from you.
In some instances, the Company may decline to honor your request where the law does not apply or where an exception applies. The Company will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. Nonetheless, you have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under CCPA.
(7) If you are a California resident, you may make a request for the disclosures described above or make a request to delete Personal Information the Company collected from you.
14. Company’s Policy for Children
The Company makes sure to obtain the consent of a guardian when obtaining Personal Data from the Users under 16 years of age.
15. Ensuring of Accuracy
The Company shall endeavor to keep the Personal Data up to date and if it is inaccurate or insufficient, rectify it.
16. Changes to this notice
The Company may change or update this notice from time to time. When the Company does, the Company will provide you will the revised notice.